After QB/T 4331-2012 “Children’s Athletic Shoes” became effective, China’s General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine (AQSIQ) and Standardization Administration of the People’s Republic of China (SAC) jointly published NO.21 Announcement in 2013, and approved the new updated national standard GB/T 15107-2013 “Athletic Shoes” to go into effect on June 1, 2014.
The changes are as follows:
• Applicable scope: GB/T 15107-2013 is only applicable to sports shoes, exercise shoes,
fitness shoes, walking shoes, jogging shoes, etc., excluded are leisure shoes.
• Product categories: in GB/T 15107-2013 men’s athletic shoes and women’s athletic shoes
are categorized according to the different end user, and children’s athletic shoes are
excluded in the scope, but are included in another standard QB/T 4331-2012 “Children’s
• Label & Mark: in GB/T 15107-2013 the label is required to be accordance with QB/T 2673.
• Overall appearance: in GB/T 15107-2013 the dimensional tolerance of the same pair shoes
is clearly defined with the different limitations for solid or cellular sole, and when the
dimension exceeds the allowable range, it is defined as a severe defect. For example: It is
regarded as a severe defect when the difference of upper length of the same pair shoes
• Sole peel strength: in GB/T 15107-2013 athletic shoes made by sewing or adhesive and
sewing methods are exempted.
• Whole shoes flex resistance: in GB/T 15107-2013 it is an exemption when the sole
thickness at flexing area is 25mm or more, and a new request for the shoes with air (fluid)
pads: no air (fluid) leakage or collapse was found after specified cycles of flexing; test
should be taken according to GB/T 3903.1-2008, 40,000 cycles of flexing, without precutting.
• Sole abrasion: in GB/T 15107-2013 it is clearly indicated that the test position is fixed on ball
part or heel part touching with the ground.
• Adhesive properties: in GB/T 15107-2013 test should be taken according to QB/T 2886
-2007 with the sample position on both sides of shoes at the ball part.
In addition, in GB/T 15107-2013 colorfastness to rubbing on lining or insole, banned Azo colorants of textiles or leather and free formaldehyde are requested as new test items. The limit for decomposed carcinogenic aromatic amine is 20mg/kg, with 24 types.
Tianjin Mr.Howard Xing
Tel: +86 22 8371 2820
Shanghai Ms.Dora Tang
Tel: +86 21 6091 7076
Guangzhou Ms.Liu Hui Li
Tel: +86 20 2820 9274
Zhejiang Grace Sun
Tel: +86 574 8791 9575
US Ms.Megan Liu
Tel: +1 847 871 1034